Homeschool Essentials

Whether unschooled or highly structured, religious or secular, all homeschools encounter the same challenges. All successful homeschools exhibit the same essential qualities. This weblog will help you understand and apply those qualities, minimize frustration, and enjoy more success sooner.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Homeschool Essentials --Understanding Burnout



March is burnout month.

Lots of Homeschoolers experience burnout this time of year.

You'll find some of the symptons (and their cures) on my Homeschool Essentials Website

Several years ago, I got this message dated March 1!


I am ready to quit homeschooling and stick my kids in school!!

They seem to think that life is made up of playing all day, and really grumble when we try to get them to do chores of any kind. . .

I just don't seem to be able to make [homeschooling] work in our family. So, I am ready to either put them in school, or switch to workbooks and textbooks!! Help! Help! Help!!

I had been working with homeschool families for more than twenty years, and had heard this sort of thing nearly every March during that time. Some years are worse than others, but rare is the late winter/early spring when I don't talk to tearful, frustrated, angry, or simply desperate mothers.

Why does this happen so often? And why always in March? Does it have anything to do with a lack of sunlight? Well, the causes are several. The occurrences in March relate to the amount of time elapsed since the start of school. In the Southern Hemisphere, it takes place at a different time. The lack of sunlight in winter contributes in some cases, but it's not a major cause.

For today, let's just say a couple of simple things. 1) It has a lot to do with the failure to detox fully, and 2) It has a lot to do with failed expectations. Frustrating as it is, it is only the surface symptom of some deeper issues which will continue to arise in your home until they are fully remedied.

And don't think this has only to do with homeschools. Why do you think spring break comes in March? Teachers and children in school go through this, too.

So, if you've ever felt like the mother in the e-mail above, come back tomorrow and let me start explaining just what's going on.

10 Comments:

Anonymous homeschool curriculum said...

After reading Homeschool Essentials --Understanding Burnout, Homeschool Essentials I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool lesson plans . If I could have your permission.

5:26 AM  
Anonymous home school books said...

I would like to link to your entry, Homeschool Essentials --Understanding Burnout , Homeschool Essentials . It would be a perfect fit for my website homeschool , with your permission.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous homeschool lesson plans said...

Hey Homeschool Essentials, I need articles for my site, homeschool curriculum, so I did a search for homeschool curriculum and came across your site. I just read your entry, Homeschool Essentials --Understanding Burnout and thought I could use this entry as an article. I of course am asking your permission before I publish it.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous homeschool gathering place said...

Hey Homeschool Essentials, I read your entry, Homeschool Essentials --Understanding Burnout. I would like to use it on my site homeschool lesson plans with your permission.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous home school books said...

I was searching for homeschool curriculum, and came to your site Homeschool Essentials. After reading Homeschool Essentials --Understanding Burnout, I could really use this on my site, homeschool curriculum, with your permission of course.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous home school cirriculums said...

After reading Homeschool Essentials --Understanding Burnout, Homeschool Essentials I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool . If I could have your permission.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous homeschool gathering place said...

After reading Homeschool Essentials --Understanding Burnout, Homeschool Essentials I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool curriculum . If I could have your permission.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous homeschool curriculum said...

Hey Homeschool Essentials, I need articles for my site, homeschool curriculum, so I did a search for homeschool curriculum and came across your site. I just read your entry, Homeschool Essentials --Understanding Burnout and thought I could use this entry as an article. I of course am asking your permission before I publish it.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miley cyrus nude [url=http://crystal-liu.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1113]miley cyrus nude[/url] miley cyrus sex tape [url=http://forum.ondertitel.com/index.php?showuser=74503]miley cyrus sex tape[/url] miley cyrus nude [url=http://stabilo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showuser=799]miley cyrus nude[/url] miley cyrus nude [url=http://ragga-jungle.com/user/15036-vebsterd]miley cyrus nude[/url] kim kardashian nude [url=http://forums.quark.com/members/vebsterd.aspx]kim kardashian nude[/url]

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miley cyrus nude [url=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mileycyrus]miley cyrus nude[/url] paris hilton nude [url=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/parishilt]paris hilton nude[/url] kim kardashian nude [url=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kimkardashian45]kim kardashian nude[/url] kim kardashian nude [url=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/celebst]kim kardashian nude[/url]

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home