Homeschool Essentials

Whether unschooled or highly structured, religious or secular, all homeschools encounter the same challenges. All successful homeschools exhibit the same essential qualities. This weblog will help you understand and apply those qualities, minimize frustration, and enjoy more success sooner.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Three Books for Parents


Wherever two or three homeschoolers are gathered together, they will discuss curriculum. If you want to be liberated from curriculm worship forever, read this timeless satire. It's either to good to be true, or to funny to be good--well, you'll see. I first read it in my grad school curriculum class. A classic!







A true story of a young teacher, himself just graduated from highschool, going to teach in a backwoods Kentucky school in the 1920s. He goes to the school where a young adult 6th grader had blacked his sister's eyes and driven her out of the teaching job. If that's not enough drama, find out the secret of "The Thread That Runs So True," the secret to learning he discovered, and shares with his readers. Fascinating!




Once you get over your reverence for curriculum, and learn the secret of learning itself, let Thomas Armstrong show you how to help your children learn "In Their Own Way." Armstrong, a Ph.D. in special education, leaves no sacred cow ungored. His chapter on learning disabilities, "Dysteachia" is worth the price of the book all by itself."

6 Comments:

Anonymous home school books said...

Not bad Homeschool Essentials, Three Books for Parents is an entry that I would like to add to my site, homeschool lesson plans, with your permission please.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous homeschool lesson plans said...

Three Books for Parents is the perfect article for my web site, homeschool curriculum, Homeschool Essentials . With your permission I would like to link to it. Thank you

1:59 PM  
Anonymous homeschool gathering place said...

Hey Homeschool Essentials, I read your entry, Three Books for Parents. I would like to use it on my site homeschool lesson plans with your permission.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous home school cirriculums said...

Three Books for Parents is the perfect article for my web site, homeschool lesson plans, Homeschool Essentials . With your permission I would like to link to it. Thank you

7:27 AM  
Anonymous homeschool curriculum said...

Three Books for Parents is the perfect article for my web site, homeschool gathering place, Homeschool Essentials . With your permission I would like to link to it. Thank you

7:59 AM  
Anonymous homeschool said...

Hey Homeschool Essentials, I read your entry, Three Books for Parents. I would like to use it on my site homeschool with your permission.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home