Homeschool Essentials

Whether unschooled or highly structured, religious or secular, all homeschools encounter the same challenges. All successful homeschools exhibit the same essential qualities. This weblog will help you understand and apply those qualities, minimize frustration, and enjoy more success sooner.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Essential quality 1 summary

Successful teaching of any kind, at home, in the school, or in church, or in industry, always must center, must focus, on the learner.

We've touched on why it doesn't work to put the teacher or the curriculum in the center. The knowing, learning student must be at the center of our process.

No matter how thorough the lesson plan, how brilliant the presentation, or even how appropriate the lesson to the learner, if the learner decides not to learn, he will not. The successful homeschool recognizes this and concentrates on the learner.

For this reason we tailor the curriculum to fit the learner, rather than the other way around (quality III). Because every learner is different, we will set appropriate goals (quality IV). And because everyone else will try to move the learner out of the process, we remain consistent (quality V). And yet, all of this will fail without the next quality, which we will take up in the next post.

8 Comments:

Anonymous homeschool said...

I would like to link to your entry, Essential quality 1 summary , Homeschool Essentials . It would be a perfect fit for my website home school books , with your permission.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous homeschool lesson plans said...

Essential quality 1 summary is the perfect article for my web site, home school books, Homeschool Essentials . With your permission I would like to link to it. Thank you

1:51 PM  
Anonymous homeschool lesson plans said...

Not bad Homeschool Essentials, Essential quality 1 summary is an entry that I would like to add to my site, home school cirriculums, with your permission please.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous homeschool curriculum said...

Essential quality 1 summary is the perfect article for my web site, home school books, Homeschool Essentials . With your permission I would like to link to it. Thank you

8:15 AM  
Anonymous homeschool said...

After reading Essential quality 1 summary, Homeschool Essentials I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool lesson plans . If I could have your permission.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous homeschool curriculum said...

Essential quality 1 summary is the perfect article for my web site, homeschool, Homeschool Essentials . With your permission I would like to link to it. Thank you

5:31 PM  
Anonymous homeschool said...

Homeschool Essentials, Essential quality 1 summary turns out to be exactly what I am looking for, for my site homeschool . With your permission, I would like to publish it.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous homeschool curriculum said...

I was searching for homeschool, and came to your site Homeschool Essentials. After reading Essential quality 1 summary, I could reaaly use this on my site, homeschool, with your permission of course.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home